Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wicked Words Work (Winning By Wading)

Aww, has it got you bad? Has the biter been bitten? Do the trees in your mind bend over in their wake? Do you adore their: everything? Are you laid low by the long list of loving things you've never done for them? Do you feel bested by the exes who beat you to the punch? Do you secretly wish you could be melted down and made into the most impenetrable armor so you could personally protect them from every blow to their fragile chest and every burden unfairly lain upon their tender shoulders? Yeah, define "youth" -- that's exactly what I was thinking.

God, remember how nice it was when you didn't love anyone? Before you broke the hermitical seal that is your: everything? Psych. That's just a dream I had where I had frozen hands and bloodless veins because, in real life, I don't have a pre-Columbian era, just an ear full of hard words I begged to hear. And if I weren't soft, I'd pack up all that fur-coated sanctimony in a discarded drive-through duffle and dump it down by the empty lots and early graves of half-orphans who lost their way, or whatever smooth place of mine that exists at the end of the line. Next, I'd kick off my shoes and roll up my jeans and I'd run through five hundred thousand fields of pavement until I found a sequoia to sleep under. I would never pick up a paper so I didn't have to see you in it, reminding me of how you're important in the ways I never will be; in the ways you wish I were. I'd build myself a house with a slurpee machine right inside and I'd make-play like no flood or famine could stop me and you couldn't find me, but if you could, you'd have to look somewhere over the rainbow trout where no fly could bait or lure me because I'd be smart enough to know that it was just a bad game of catch and release.

That's actually a complete lie, though, because there is no un-knowing about love nor is there any un-needing to need and be needed, and even if there was, I wouldn't want to un-know or un-need you, Criminal, because even though it didn't show up too good, I wrote I heart u in the ashes to your right.