Thursday, March 15, 2007

He Always Knows What To Do In An Emergency


An Open Letter To The Approximations Of Success:

Stump removal service, bail bonds, funeral home, bed and breakfast, and Springtown Powerhouse of Praise? Maybe you should try rounding your expectations down. Because you've seen better days.

PS. who hasn't?

P.P.S. My darling Darfur, you'll always make for The Great Gruesome Alternative of their generation, (mines was Ethiopia vis a vis unfinished dinner plates); the place parents threaten kids with, who aren't being sufficiently deferential.

with love, from:

martyr

Its true, if I wanted slack, I would buy some rope and might anyways, just to keep you interested, but I just have these crises of confidence sometimes, like flash-floods or like learning to ride sans training wheels: swerve, swerve, crash, cry; kissed all better. I don't know how I know things about you, except for that I do, somehow? and that I am, most assuredly, intellectually above the power of positive thinking. Its just, when I feel outgunned by the grick of this universe, that is when I need to know that I fucking matter to you the most, the most. That you will do what you say you will do. That I am not on the verge of being fucked over. I mean, what's so wrong with safe and comfortable? But, as always, complacency is for the idle rich and you do not come cheap, with your expensive threats and your costly kicks. And I don't mind saying: I work blue-collar hard; trying to coax you out of your newfound hiding places. C'mere lil fella. I'm not gonna hurtcha.