Thursday, November 23, 2006

Can't Never Did Nothin'

I never wanted to be one of those girls - the aboveboard boy crazy - but my, how you speak your heart with your hands. I'm so bourgeoise and you're so ... so. But so not so-so. So, were you there earlier? Because, you mighta not noticed, being blinded by the Benzos and the Beemers on the curb, but I come from noblesse oblige even if I do live on the border of Bidonville and try to play footsie during grace. And I never say "amen." But what's an earth without maps? Amen! Ahem.

I always thought that I would marry a man who would come and sit next to me on the bench while I played Bach and he would wrap his arms around me and kiss my neck and, right before an inverted contrary motion B minor arpeggio, I would say to him, "Here. This is for you."

Here. This is for you.