Thursday, November 30, 2006

How Much Out-Of-Pocket Can You Pay When They're Already Turned Inside Out?

Chinese riddle for you: what gives good rant and memorizes plan details for fun? (airquote)Benefits(end airquote)?? Don't be cute. Ohhs and ahhs, like fireworks, but with more cringing. Have trouble sleeping because of a 3 hour siesta and 2 cups of coffee? Its 1 AM - do you know where your deductible is? And could you come up with it in a pinch? And how much would you be willing to pay to have a baby with me, Baby? Because there is a price tag and it is steep and I'm not even being meta, just self-employed and middle class. Land of the free to be fucked over and out; the greatest illusion ever pulled. I have misshapen corneas, but I read the fine print. Yeah, I'm one of those people; a pragmatist, and only insurable up to $5mil (both fo' life.) So, uh ... you have a maternity rider with a reasonable maximum benefit and no waiting period? Stop it, you're making me wet.