Saturday, September 29, 2007

Love Will Get You (down)


I'm just waiting for that one thing that will propel, wringing my hands, looking for the agent of change. But statistically speaking, I don't see it happening and, its true, I have limitations but being unrealistic isn't one of them. Mediocrity and circumlocution, well, I cannot say the same for those old friends. And don't you ever just want to die? Like when you feel things that you don't have big enough brains to explain and it just seems so much easier and so much more natural that lying there trying not to feel? But death is so silly and not really for me. So he lies awake, supine and golden, and I suspend the rule of law and suck in my thoughts and wait for grace. Sometimes, I just want to be the center of someone's universe but I am pretty sure that is asking too much.