Friday, January 31, 2014

Display and Discuss (the "show and tell" edition)



What is it about us, to what level of degeneracy have we declined, that we import cases of water from military juntas in Melanesia just to let them sit outside of our gated driveways?  For one whole fucking week, I tell you, there has been a stack five feet high in the alley that backs to the fanciest grocery store in the whole world.  And I swear to god, I nearly stopped and loaded them up just because that kind of shit needs to be called out with some petty theft but as I stopped at the T, thinking about whether or not one statement was worth however many months of probation and however many years of social pariah getting caught would earn, I noticed there were some men.  A number of men who all looked different but kind of the same somehow.  They all wore shades and they call had earpieces, dress code was generic casual, and one was talking into a microphone that was invisible to me.  And as I decided to let North Dallas have its Fiji and me whatever social standing I have, I realized there were some too generic cars with dark windows strategically parked at the points of ingress and egress.  This was no ordinary mall cop detail.

I've never been in much trouble with popes, except for being where I shouldn't sometimes, like sober at a HoJo with drunk teens or purging the lines in a deserted office complex with ricers or walking the streets of the Big City with e'd out club kids, and I did once trip an armored car guard on purpose while he was carrying his duffel bag and I only felt a little sorry (okay, almost no sorry at all) and I straight up bribed HPD once and batted my eyes and unbuttoned my shirt a little more out of many, many more.  But these guys, they were not like those guys.  They looked like they knew what the fuck they were doing.  And as I rounded the corner, I realized who was inside the fancy grocery store and that the airspace above was almost certainly being monitored, and how with her secretest security perimeterizing, I was rill rill glad I thought better of stealing a rich asshole's water just for smug self-satisfaction reasons.

That said, I really am sorry you were born in West Virginia, West Virginia, and maybe you should've thought about getting conceived by your meth head teen mother elsewhere, some place more civilized, like Texas, where we choose people like Pick Rerry and David Dewlily and, of course, the Bum Cruz Missile, to represent us in our foreign affairs with the rest of the untied states.  But enough about the bugs under Trendy Davis' heels, because I got more bubbles to pop, like how even the Mexican help drives nice cars around here and how we won't be happy 'til all our trees have placards that tastefully shout our fucking importance and how we can tell a school is excellent if they have peacocks that seem to care not very much at all about the Ranges in their range.

I'm sure there was more to this than that but I gotta go play alarm clock with my mouth.