Monday, January 08, 2007

An Artful Dodge

Heartsick solipsist for hire, for him. Nevermind the gap and disconnect the dots but be gentle with the brutal bruises from my coups of confidence; they're tinder. There is something that I need you to tell me:

Down what dark alley might one procure the necessary x-factor?

You know what I'm talking about. Now tell me the truth and tell me that you don't know. I'll tell you the truth: I've lost faith in the truth; it is just a measure of the facts. I am exactly that kind of coward; finding comfort, if not salvation, in the many skinny arms of premium class A's.

If you sleep alone, you sleep alone, and maybe I should just try to stay awake, or go outside and sleep in the rain and sink into the mud, or maybe I can wriggle open the latch and escape for a second and fly in frenetic circles around this room or I could re-arrange my days because I don't really have anywhere I need to be and I find life a little easier to take when it is a blur, a carousel of pictures sensually, purposefully, bouncing up and down; like I did that one time in that one memory that I have long since forgotten.

We are a blight. All of us.