Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It Didn't Seem That Bad


Well, this week's shaking out to be real productive, getting rid of cancers new and cancers old. Oh, I'm just being histrionic (feign surprise) because despite great efforts, I just can't seem to get worked up about something that I nothing and besides, the latter could hardly be considered a cancer -- just a huge lapse in judgment, but even I don't blame me, for being young and dumb, for posing for no reason and no rhyme, or for trying to keep it simple but making it more complex. But never again, because I'm exponentially smarter now and now I never make mistakes, or catch myself in my own lies. Criminal wants to find softer ways to fix things and I just want to joy-cry because he is so fucking human its sublime. Even the mechanics of ugly ways are beautiful, if you peek beneath their shadows, like mortal fear and slow burns. And you have so much to wake up for.

Open your eyes, put it in drive, get on the road, and just go
City lights turn to tree lines and national park signs
Mountains approach with more winds in the road and the air turns to falling snow
The engine blazes, the elevation raises, and the dynamite walls contain us
Everyone's watching for animals crossing through the part of the glass that's defrosting
Miles away, just up ahead; it doesn't matter what any of us is looking for
We'll never find it because its not even there