Friday, December 08, 2006

The Plot Is Slow; Take A Nap

What's the worst thing you could do? Tell me that you will forget my face, you swear. Now say it like a prayer. Tell me that you are only here so that you are not alone. Just do something. Do something to really make me hate you and your name; improvise. Because I feel you wriggling into my skin and very soon we will be bound by the marrow and I will only be sorry if my life turns out to be a big fucking joke. But, this could be a good time. You come here to me and we'll collect the brief and false advertisements on which we used to rely, like my old kind of truth and your old kind of high, and we'll find a very convenient raft and send them on a very convenient current.

Catch and kill the renegade logic
Be a slave to all the details
Commandeer the night
Monopolize the story
Sixteen hours of sex
Find the keepsakes
Bargain for trouble
I had my doubts
Get it straight
Cap the lines
But I can
read