Sunday, January 21, 2007

Magnet Under The Table


I don't shine if you don't shine so get well now, not soon or later, because Momma hates when the babies feel bad and maybe out in the Palo Pinto mountains there aren't twenty-five hour pharmacies but even still I never gave up hope on breaking out of this two-star town nor on being a better writer. Po' one trick pony drop dead dreams, I'll curl you up in my arms and swallow you down like pills and you can go on and make homes in the knots in my heart. Soul? No such animal in no such animal, and humans? You're animals. A subtle stolen kiss to the temple and knowing eyes cut in a downcast direction and everything that should be; everything, everything. She? She's a treasure for sure and I? I have a criminal mind and you? You have reasons to pray.